Hankook Tire Scion Racing & Speedhunters Toyota Drift Driver Fredric Aasbø
Born and raised in the midst of the Scandinavian countryside, Fredric was quickly introduced to the Norwegian rally scene. As a boy he was let into go-karts, and proved his car control skills at an early age being very fast under slippery conditions. Discovering drifting a couple of years later got him hooked on this new form of motorsports.
Quickly earning a reputation for combining super aggressive drifting with a humble personality in the pits, Fredric toured the North European drifting circuit for two years.
Aasbo made an unforgettable impression on the Prodrift European Series.
- Karl O’Sullivan, Prodrift
With 30+ victories and multiple championship titles in the North European scene and with a dream of going up against the best, Fredric started his US quest by competing at select rounds of the Formula Drift championship in 2010.
Fredric Aasbo sent shockwaves throughout the Formula Drift scene in his 2010 rookie season as he started taking out Formula Drift champions from the get-go. Nicknamed “The Champkiller” and quickly becoming an icon of the David vs. Goliath drifting battles, Fredric ultimately earned the prestigious 2010 Formula Drift Rookie of the Year award.
Fredric kicked off the 2011 season by driving the Team Need for Speed Japan Auto Toyota Supra to victory at the Formula Drift Middle East Yas Marina Circuit Invitational – his first ever win at Formula Drift sanctioned event. Only two weeks later, he made his way through the pack for a third place podium finish at the Formula Drift Global Challenge in Qatar.
Fredric hangs it all out! The crowd loves him, the judges love him, he is very committed and he is a great driver.
- Tanner Foust, two time Formula Drift Champion and Top Gear USA host
Going all out no matter the circumstances, Fredric has garnered a strong transatlantic fan following spanning across the United States, Europe and the Middle East, reaching all the way to drifting’s home cradle: Japan.
Teaming up with Hankook Tire, Scion Racing and Papadakis Racing for the 2013 season has made for an impressive international drifting schedule consisting of the world’s most prominent drifting events.
The 2013 seven stop North American Formula Drift Championship Series will see Fredric and his crew compete in the freshly reworked 2014 Hankook Tire Scion Racing tC. With the Papadakis Racing power house onboard as one of the most accomplished drift teams of all time, the partnership has already received strong recognition throughout the automotive world – and beyond.
- 2012 Formula Drift Fan Favorite Driver of the Year Award
- 2012 Formula Drift Best Drifting Style Award
- 2012 and 2011 British Drift Championship Silverstone Super Pro Winner
- 2011 Formula Drift Texas Speedway Invitational Winner
- 2011 Formula Drift Abu Dhabi Yas Marina Invitational Winner/Champion
- 2011 Formula Drift Qatar Global Challenge Third Place Podium Finish
- 2011 Formula Drift Championship Round 5 Third Place Podium Finish
- 2010 Formula Drift Rookie of The Year
- 2010 Formula Drift Hardest Charging Driver of The Year
- 2010 Insane Entry Award at the Formula Drift Irwindale Finals
- 2008 Nordic Drifting Series Champion
- 2007 Nordic Drifting Series Champion
- 2007 Powerdrift Norwegian Drifting Series Champion
- 30+ North European and Middle East Victories 06-12
- 60+ North European and Middle East Podium Finishes 06-13
Fredric – in his own words
|Nicknames||Norwegian Hammer, Thor, Halllon|
|Born||August 18th, 1985|
|Favorite track||Europe: Mantorp Park, Sweden
United States: Road Atlanta, GA
Global: Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|Favorite driver||I like the smooth style of Nobuteru Taniguchi and the rawness of Nakamura|
|Favorite food||Homemade hamburgers. And taco tuesdays|
|Favorite beverage||I drink mostly water, and the occational Margarita|
|Favorite music||New Country, Rock and Hip Hop. There’s a time and a place for every song!|
|Hobbies||Travel, boating, meeting new and old friends|